Tuesday, 26 August 2014

Shell announces gas discovery at Marjoram-1 well, Sarawak

Shell today announced another exploration success in Malaysia with the discovery of gas at its deep-water Marjoram-1 well.

"Our strategy to expand our heartland areas through technologically advanced exploration is delivering tangible success in deep-water in Malaysia,"  Shell Upstream International director Andrew Brown, was quoted as saying in a statement here.

"We have a long history in the region. The addition of new natural gas resources this year ensures we are able to continue to provide cost-effective, reliable, cleaner energy options for the future," he added.

The Marjoram-1 well is located 180 kilometres off the Malaysian coast in Block SK318, in 800 metres of water. Earlier this year, Shell announced the Rosmari-1 gas discovery, also in this block.
Block SK318 is operated by Shell with an 85% interest, with the remaining 15% held by Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd. – Bernama